The 28th annual, 7-time Super Purse Rodeo of the Year Cowboy Up in Kiowa rodeo is scheduled for June 28-29, 2024.
If you are a journalist or photographer planning to cover the Cowboy Up in Kiowa Rodeo (CBUIK), pleaseCowboy Up in Kiowa Media Credential Policies and Guidelines
complete the following Media Credential Form and submit by June 15th. Forms will not be accepted on-site. Forms submitted after June 15th may or may not be considered.
NOTE: The terms “photographer” and “photos” refer to any individual or group taking any still pictures or video in all medias, conventional or digital.
- Everyone entering our rodeo with a camera that has detachable lenses must have pre-approved CBUIK media credentials. All non-credentialed persons will be asked to return their camera to their vehicles. No exceptions will be granted.
- CBUIK reserves the right to limit the number of media credentials granted.
- Media Credentials for access inside the arena or behind the chutes are provided only to the CBUIK Official Photographer and/or any other CBUIK pre-approved media personnel CBUIK deems appropriate.
- All media personnel must remain in the spectator or non-competition areas unless escorted by CBUIK personnel. Interviews with contestants and CBUIK personnel may be arranged in some cases if requested in advance and time allows.
- At no time will any media personnel or fans be allowed to erect a tripod, bipod or monopod in the grandstands or around the arena, and/or station themselves in a position that blocks the view of the fans, or impedes an exit while taking pictures. Our fan experience is critical to us and we appreciate your cooperation here. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in forfeiture of your credentials and/or ticket and you will be asked to leave the premises.
- Media credentials for freelancers not on assignment from a legitimate news outlet or publication such as students on a class project will be considered on an individual basis.
- All photos and/or videos taken is property of CBUIK. Photo or video taken at the CBUIK Rodeo or on its grounds between June 27 and June 30, 2024 may NOT be sold for profit without consent of CBUIK.
- All photographers granted media credentials will submit a thumb drive or SD card with all pictures and/or video taken on grounds between June 27 and June 30, 2024. Photos and/or video must meet the following requirements:
- All photos and/or video must be in native high-resolution format
- Do not sort or edit your photography. Send us every single photo or frame of video taken regardless of quality or content.
- All photos are to include your watermark or logo in a sufficient size as to identify your work yet unobtrusive enough to not deter from the quality or content of the picture. If we use your picture in any way we want to insure you receive credit. Should CBUIK request a picture without the watermark or logo we will insure that you get credit in the text that accompanies the photo.
- Thumb drive and/or SD card must be submitted to CBUIK within one week of the rodeo, or no later than July 10, 2024.
- CBUIK strives to issue a press release within 24 hours of the conclusion of the rodeo. If you would like to have your work considered for inclusion in the PR, please submit 5 high resolution photos of your choice without your watermark or logo immediately after the rodeo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference for inclusion in the PR will be given to those photos received within 24 hours of the conclusion of the CBUIK rodeo.
- In return for being granted media credentials you agree to allow CBUIK to use any of the submitted photography on their website, blog, social media, program, media promotions, advertising, press releases or other official CBUIK material at no cost to CBUIK. If at any time CBUIK would like to use one of your photos for sale at a profit we will negotiate that with you.
- Only requests for media credentials submitted via the following online form will be accepted. If you have any trouble with the form, please send an email to email@example.com
- Dress Requirements
- CBUIK clothing regulations require that all media personnel and photographers must wear a long-sleeved button-down or western shirt, long pants, boots and a western hat while present in the arena, chute areas, back pens or along the arena perimeter where you are visible to the public and other photographers.
- This regulation is mandatory with safety as the top priority. In addition, this event is photographed for television, digital and print media; the clothing requirement also ensures the western flavor and heritage of the event is maintained.
- Cowboy Up in Kiowa (CBUIK) owns the rights to the coverage of the CBUIK rodeo. Photos may be used for local or national news publications but may not be sold for profit without prior written consent of CBUIK. In the event you publish any photographs taken at the CBUIK rodeo, either in hard copy or digitally, you will include the CBUIK logo on the picture(s) so as to identify clearly the event where the shot was taken. CBUIK will provide the logo to you. You will also notify us of any publication that you submit photography of our event to.
- There will be an onsite media coordinator available at the Cowboy Up in Kiowa rodeo to answer any questions you may have.
Please read the following instructions:
- To receive media credentials, please submit the following form and attach a copy of your drivers license.
- After your request has been approved, you will receive an email with a media credential approval and a copy of our logo for inclusion on all pictures that are printed or displayed digitally on any media.
- Please print the confirmation email and present it (along with your photo ID) to the Ticket Office onsite at the Cowboy Up in Kiowa Rodeo. At the Ticket Office you will receive a hanging name badge/media credentials.
Individuals representing a media outlet, please provide the information for your media outlet below.
Freelance individuals, please provide your personal information below.